Friday, February 4, 2011

blogging in Texas

Well its day 2 in Dallas Texas..we are stuck in the hotel for awhile because it started snowing pretty bad out. We had a full line up of things to do but roads in Texas are horrible. Highways where full of ice and they dont use salt..they use sand which doesnt seem to be helping. I drove in Texas for the first time yesterday and it was not that bad..Texas drivers are okay i suppose. We went to go see the JFK Museaum where he was assasinated from and i had a really good time. I am such a dork at heart and i love museaums and anything that gets my gears in my brain running. Afterwards, we went shopping around town and hit up a store that sold a whole bunch of cowboy boots and cowboy hats which made me really feel like i was in Texas...but what made it real was when they welcomed us and their accent was clear as day, it put a smile to my face. I havent been anywhere in awhile. Once that was over we went over to a restaurant called the Palms and we had a great dinner and dessert with everyone here who has been nothing but severely generous to all of the teens. It is really hard to find people who still in believe in the growth of children and the impact an adult can make on a child..especially someone who cares about them and shows interest in them. Well this hotel is amazing. It's called the embassy suites and we have an amazing room, a great pool..a good gym room, a computer lab..and 12 floors to keep us busy enough. We are all super excited for the Super Bowl because its the night everyone is looking forward too. I wanted to buy some things around here but things are not cheap in Texas. I bought a magnet for almost 8 bucks. But I will be getting me some superbowl gear for the night. I really should have thought about brining some sweat pants to work out since we have been stuck in doors all day..we woke up at 6am for nothing. But overall it has been such an amazing experience, i have networked so much that i cant even remember everyones names. This is an exciting opportunity for me..but the biggest satisfaction is the recognition i receive from people for having a great group with me. Also the fact that my teens were super excited and thanked me so much for helping them to get where they are at right now..that is when i know that what i am doing is worth it. When i know i have made an impact or some change in someone elses life...yes as cheesy as that sounds. This trip would be amazing with my fiance because he would be soaking all of this with me..there are no pictures or words to describe everything..but i think these few days have made me miss him incredibly and i know that will make our relationship tighter..a friend of mine told me...when was the last time i took a few days to myself...and i havent since i left college..so i guess this is the time...its a great sign..i know that our relationship is suppose to work..throughtout the ups and downs we have more ups and it makes me know that i havent wasted 6yrs of my life to that one special person i cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with. What i love the most is that he is happy for me for making so much progress and having this opportunity as oppose to being mad because he cant come to the SuperBowl. But i dont want to leave because i know once that plane lands in philadelphia, reality hits and i will have to face my everyday life...bills..and work..which sucks. I feel like this mini vacation couldnt come at a better time. But i do really miss my puppies and my babe...i heard my puppies would keep looking at the door waiting for me to come in which made me really sad and i cant wait to see them and cuddle with my pup pups. Well ive gotta get ready...we are going to go out soon to visit some place..and go out to eat and do more sight seeing. 

2 comments:

  1. When I got home today your dogs attacked me and then stopped immediately and ran in the cage because I think they thought I was you. They were like "YAY!!! oh wait, you're not mom!!!" lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I'm glad that you're having a great time and it's insane that everything happened in the timing it did... I wonder about signs and if they exist but this seems too perfect :) sidenote::: I missed my P.I.C. This weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete